Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ultimate Coffee Cake

My mom has made this for breakfast for years. I never knew it's "offical" name and we just always called them "pull-apart rolls." One day as I was watching Paula Deen, she starting making this and called it the Ultimate Coffee Cake. So, I guess that's what I'll call it from now on...well, because it IS the Ultimate Coffee Cake.

These are SO easy to make, and taste SO good! I followed the recipe from Paula Deen on the food network. It turned out very well, however, there are a few things I will change next time I make this.

Ingredients:



16 to 18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls
1 (3-ounce) package regular butterscotch pudding mix, not instant
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted

Directions:

The night before place frozen rolls in well greased Bundt pan



Sprinkle dry pudding mix over rolls. Sprinkle brown sugar over pudding mix. Sprinkle chopped pecans over brown sugar.



Pour melted butter over all



To prevent the dough from forming a hard crust while its rising overnight, cover with a damp towel or tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Let rise overnight at room temperature, about 8 to 10 hours.



When you get up in the morning, it will look something like this



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.



Turn pan over onto a serving platter to remove. Serve by pulling apart chunks with forks.



Now don't get me wrong, this turned out really good. But, it just wasn't exactly like my mom's. So, I called her and asked what the difference was. First, she normally puts the chopped pecans in before the frozen dinner rolls, that way the pecans are on top. Also, and this is the real kicker, she uses CINNAMON. I wondered why the carmel sauce didn't taste the same! She puts a teaspoon of cinnamon in with the brown sugar. If you are like me and like cinnamon, then add it in, otherwise leave the recipe as it is and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment