Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Favorite Beauty Items

As a mom I so often find myself not taking anytime for "me." There are many days that I end up wearing sweats, no make-up, and my hair in a pontytail. Ok, being honest here, MOST days are like that. It is actually a rare occasion that I wear any make-up, fix my mess of hair, and wear anything without an elasticized waist!

There are a few staples in my "beauty" regimen that I thought I would pass along. Most of them are items that can speed up the process of getting ready, or just really good products that make me happy!



First off, let me say that for years I have tried numerous face cleansers. I have used those for acne, dry skin, exfoliating, etc. I almost always had the same problem with each one...my make-up would not come off unless I washed my face multiple times. And then I usually had to follow up with eye-makeup remover. Until I found this product! This cleanser has a make-up remover built in, and I can say that it takes off ALL make-up, even the eye junk in just one wash. What a time saver, plus it's less than $5 at Wal-Mart!




I have REALLY, REALLY thick, long, wavy/curly hair. I have broken dozens of combs while trying to manage this crazy mess of hair. This Paul Mitchell line of hair products does wonders for thick/wavy hair! It's pricey, so I don't always have the extra cash to buy it. But, it makes a huge difference in shortening my blow-drying time. I highly recommend the Super Skinny Serum.



This is the absolute best face moisturizer I have found. I have tried several brands, both expensive and cheap. I always come back to this one because it really works! I usually buy the lotion in the fall/winter since my skin is drier then. During the summer the gel is great.



I really have never fallen in love with a lipstick. They are usually so drying and don't last. I have tried lip stains and glosses, but they are too dry or too sticky. I tried these gloss balms last month and was pleasantly surprised. It's just enough color, and the consistency is great. It has the feeling of a balm, but not the stickiness of a gloss. I plan to buy one in almost every color!



I have mentioned before that I am OCD about cleanliness. And I wash my hands. A LOT. Not to mention I have two kiddos, so I am constantly changing diapers, cleaning up messes. And I use hand sanitizer religiously. So, I need a REALLY good hand lotion. This hand cream is the BEST. I have tried every one out there that claims to be for "extremely dry skin." Hands down (no pun intended), nothing comes close to this lotion! I use it every night and it keeps my hands from getting extra dry.


What are some of your favorite beauty items?

No comments:

Post a Comment