Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Here am I. Send Me"

Do you ever get the feeling that God is trying to tell you something? Well, I had one of those moments a few years back. It was my first year of Bible College. I had answered God's call on my life to go into ministry, youth ministry to be exact. So I went to Boyce College and majored in Youth Ministry...

Within about a six month span, I went to various services at different churhces and at school. During this time, I heard five separate sermons on Isaiah 6. I thought it was coincidental the first two times I went to a service and the preacher's text was Isaiah 6, but after the third and fourth times, I started to wonder...is God trying to tell me something?

This passage of Scripture is entitled "Isaiah's Commission" in my Bible. I really started to get the feeling that God was speaking to my heart about obedience to His calling. Sure, I had answered God's call into ministry by going to Bible college. But it didn't end there. Little did I know, God was planning to call me into something entirely different that what I had thought.

Over the course of the next year, I felt God telling me that I was going into Youth Ministry, just in a different capacity. I was going to marry a Youth Pastor. God also placed in my heart a desire to be a stay-at-home mom. My husband and I served in youth ministry in a couple different churches, and then God yet again changed our calling to Pastoral ministry. Now, God is placing a burden on my heart to homeschool our children.

The one thing I took from all of those sermons on Isaiah 6, several years ago, is that when God asks me to do something, I should always say "yes." No matter how uncertain, or scary, or uncomfortable the task is, I must answer, "Here am I. Send me."

No comments:

Post a Comment